Instructions Following BOTOX and Dermal Fillers
Dermal Filler Treatment
- DO NOT: Touch, press, rub, or manipulate the implanted areas for 48 hours after treatment. For lip enhancement treatment, avoid kissing, puckering, and sucking movements for the rest of the day as these motor movements can displace the filler material. Do not apply Chapstick or lipstick for 48 hours after treatment. Irritation, sores, and post operative complications, including scarring, are possible if you manipulate the dermal filler implants.
- Any lumpiness or bruising will go away within 7-10 days.
- Sleep on your back for the next 2 nights. Not on your side or stomach.
- Avoid vigorous exercise, sun, and heat exposure for 3 days after treatment
- Discontinue Retin-A for 2 days after treatment.
- It is best to wear no makeup or lipstick for 24-48 hours.
- One side may heal faster than the other side.
- You can expect some bruising and swelling around the areas that were injected. Apply ice for the first hour after treatment for ten minutes on and ten minutes off.
- Try to exercise your treated muscles for the first hour after your BOTOX treatment (raise eyebrows, smiling, frowning). This will work the injection into your muscles.
- Avoid the sun for 48 hours.
- Do not have a facial or rub or massage the treated areas for 24 hours after treatment.
- Do not lie down or do strenuous exercise for 4 hours after treatment. Avoid exposure to a sauna, hot tub or tanning for 4 hours..
- Sleep on your back tonight- do not put pressure on your face by sleeping on your stomach.
- Any tiny bumps or marks will go away within a few hours.
- BOTOX takes 3 to 5 days to begin work, and can take up to 2 weeks to reach the completed results.
- Asymmetry: This is caused by asymmetric inflammation. This usually disappears in less than one week.
- Inflammation: This can be treated with frozen ice gel. Also take Benadryl for stubborn inflammation. Should the inflammation become worse (larger) as the days progress please contact your doctor.
- Make Up: You should not apply make up for 48 hours. Do not use retinoids. Wash skin with gentle soap and water. Only use AquaPhor for moisturizer.